Eating cookies with a tall glass of milk transports me back to childhood. Then it was an afternoon snack, now it is an anytime indulgence. If anyone ever comes up with a Cookie Diet, they will be a millionaire. But I digress. These cupcakes from To Food with Love combine Oreo Cookies with cream for a dessert young and old will love. And that’s before you top them with Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting. Yum!
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes (from Paula Deen Best Dessert Special Collector’s Issue)
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 14 coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate wafer cookies (Oreos)
- Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- Garnish: miniature cream filled chocolate wafer cookies
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350 °F . Line 28 muffin cups with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in crushed cookies. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread or pipe Cream Cheese Frosting evenly over cupcakes. Garnish with cookies, if desired.
Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 9 cups confectioners’ sugar (I only used 6 cups and the frosting was great)
- 10 crushed Oreo Cookies
In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Beat in cream until combined. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Gently fold in the cookie crumbs with a spatula. Put in a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.