These cupcakes from Splenda look like peanut butter cups but using sugar substitute and low fat ingredients make these treats bite size decadence without all the guilt. Peanut butter + chocolate + cream cheese = heaven. Don’t tell anyone they are low fat and low sugar. We’d be willing to bet no one will ever know.
- 36 Reduced-Fat Chocolate Wafers
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 5 tablespoons light butter, melted
Peanut Butter Center
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces sugar-free chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make CRUST. Crush cookies into fine crumbs. Blend all crust ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Make PEANUT BUTTER CENTER. Place all center ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Make CHOCOLATE FILLING. Melt chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. Set aside. Place cream cheese and SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener in a small mixing bowl. Beat until soft. Slowly add skim milk. Mix, using a wire whisk, until smooth. Add melted chocolate. Stir well. Add egg substitute and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Assemble CUPS. Place 24 mini size foil baking cups on a sheet pan. Evenly divide crust between the 24 baking cups. Firmly press crusts into the bottom of the cups. Place approx. 1/2 tsp of the peanut butter center in the center of each crust-lined baking cup. Spoon chocolate filling into each baking cup. Firmly tap sheet pan on countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven 10-15 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Chill for approx. 2 hours before serving. Drizzle optional melted chocolate over the top for a garnish.