Looking for something a little green for spring or St. Patrick’s Day? These easy to make pistachio cupcakes from She Wears Many Hats are perfect for spring holidays or just because. Bet the kids would love to “help” make the chocolate shavings for the topping as well!
- 1 box of white cake mix & all ingredients that it calls for
- 1 box of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 batch of Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 7 ounces weight white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening or vegetable oil
- Combine cake mix and it’s ingredients as packaging instructs.
- Add in pudding mix and combine well.
- For cupcakes, fill cupcake liners about halfway full with batter.
- Bake as directed on cake mix packaging.
- Cool and decorate as you like.
- Melt chips according to package instructions.
- Stir in vegetable shortening/oil until combined well.
- Using a spatula, spread melted candy/chocolate thinly on a baking sheet.
- Let harden for a few minutes.
Using a spoon, scrape across hardened candy/chocolate to create curls and shavings.