I suppose I should confess (again) that I am not much of a fan of avocado. So this recipe from Will Cook for Smiles is about everyone else, not me. This one is for the avocado lovers or the lovers of something a little different. Go on, try something new.
Makes about 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of milk + 1 tbs
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan with cupcake lines.
- Prepare all the ingredients and have them ready before starting the batter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Mash the avocado very well or even put it through food processor, set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower the mixer to medium, with mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
- Add the avocado mash.
- Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk on low speed. Starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!