I just recently became a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies and now I think I might become a fan of oatmeal cream pies. Lots of sugar and spice in this recipe from Beyond Frosting. Any frosting made with marshmallow fluff AND sugar AND cinnamon has to be pretty awesome. You’ll be licking the bowl for sure!
Make 24 cupcakes
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine spice cake mix with eggs, buttermilk, oil and sour cream. Mix on medium speed just until combined.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar, continue mixing until incorporated.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill each one 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cupcakes are done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare the frosting, start by grinding up the Oatmeal Cream Pies using a food processor to grind into a small crumbs. Set aside.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature enough for it to be slightly softened but not melted. Whip butter in mixer using the paddle attachment for several minutes until butter is smooth and creamed.
- Add jar of marshmallow fluff and beat into butter until well combined. Mix vanilla extract into butter and fluff combination.
- Pour powdered sugar into mixing bowl two cups at a time, mixing well after each addition. I used five cups for my frosting to make it a little more stiff.
- Add heavy whipping cream and beat into the frosting. This helps to add to the creaminess of the frosting while cutting down the sweetness from the powdered sugar and marshmallow fluff.
- Lastly, added the cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Once mixed in, add the Oatmeal Cream Pie Crumbs and beat on low until incorporated.