Sometimes little bits of things are just as awesome as big bits of things. Take these mini cupcakes from House of Yumm. Little bitty bites of Boston Cream Pie that still pack in the same flavor as big bites of actual pie. What’s even better is there are very few ingredients needed to whip up a batch. It’s a win-win!
Boston Cream Pie Bites
Makes 24 mini cupcake “bites”
- Sugar Cookie Mix + required ingredients
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven too 375.
- Prepare the cookie mix as directed on the package. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place into a greased mini muffin tin. Press in the center with a spoon to create a crater in the middle, I used my tablespoon to do this. Bake for 9 minutes, cookie cups may seem slightly undercooked in center, just make sure they are not doughy. Press down the center again with the spoon, to ensure the cup shape. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and mix, starting on low speed, then as it gets thicker, increase the speed until it is almost the consistency of whipped cream. Add in the instant pudding and the powdered sugar. Continue to mix on high speed until fully combined and the mousse is the consistency of a thick whipped cream.
- Add the vanilla mousse to a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled cookie cups. Top with the chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. Can be kept in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 3 days.