Looking for a light and easy to make dessert for summer? This Betty Crocker recipe is fast and uses fresh raspberries and blueberries for the topping. Oh, and whipped cream! Almost forgot the whipped cream. Pretty sure it doesn’t get much better than this!
Angel Food Cupcakes with Berries
1 1/4 cups water
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Place paper baking cup in each of 30 to 36 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix and water with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake 12 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and cracks on top feel dry. Remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on medium-high speed until slightly thickened. Reduce speed; beat in granulated sugar and vanilla bean paste. Increase speed; beat mixture until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream into decorating bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe whipped cream on top of cooled cupcakes; garnish with berries. Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar.