Aren’t these cupcakes from My Recipes pretty? The white chocolate shavings on top of the Mascarpone Frosting give an elegant look to a simple vanilla cupcake. This versatile cupcake can be the star of your tea party, bridal party or even a Christmas party (think snow!).
White Linen Cupcakes
Vanilla Bean Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 to 2 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- White chocolate curls
- To prepare Vanilla Bean Cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla bean paste.
- Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely. Makes 24 cupcakes.
- To prepare frosting, beat cream at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Beat mascarpone, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl at medium speed with mixer until blended. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until blended. Makes 3 cups. Frost each cupcake. Top each generously with white chocolate curls.