Rose Bakes had me at Oreo cream filled but then – THEN – I was over the top when I saw the recipe calls for Double Stuf Oreos. And cream cheese. And then these bad boys are topped with a cream cheese buttercream frosting. Oh my. A must for all Oreo lovers!
White Chocolate Oreo Cream Filled Cupcakes
- 1 Pillsbury White Cake Mix
- 1 cup liquid egg white (or 4 egg whites)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small box Instant Jello White Chocolate pudding
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (takes about 2 hours to reach room temp)
- 4 oz. salted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 crushed Double Stuf Oreos (I do mine in a food processor), or any chocolate sandwich cookie will work!
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Spray the cupcake liners with non-stick spray and use a medium cookie scoop to fill the liners. Bake at 350° for about 15-18 minutes or just until done. Allow the cupcakes to cool, then fill with the Oreo Cream filling.
- I use a round frosting tip, poke a hole with it in the top of each cupcake and squirt the filling in until it bulges out of the top
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter (=2 sticks), at room temperature
- ½ cup Crisco shortening (just under 4 oz. on a kitchen scale)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Milk (add to get consistency to pipe or spread)
- First cream the butter and Crisco in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed for a couple of minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix again until very smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until it’s all combined. It will be very stiff! Then begin adding milk until you reach the desired consistency for decorating (2-3 tablespoons works well for me!)