Ahhh….fresh fruit! Always love to use fresh fruit when baking. Cooking Classy takes fresh raspberries up a notch by swirling them in cheesecake. Not only are these cupcake delicious, they are pretty, too!
Raspberry Swirled Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp graham cracker crumbs (from 7 full sheets)
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 1 /2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 4 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened well but not melted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then pour in melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Add 1 slightly heaping tablespoonful to 12 paper lined muffin cups. Press crust firmly into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the raspberry swirl:
- Add raspberries and 2 Tbsp granulated sugar to a food processor and pulse until well pureed, about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Press mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl (basically until there are only seeds remaining in strainer, you should get quite a bit out of it).
- Set aside.
For the cheesecake filling:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and flour.
- Add cream cheese and lemon zest using an electric hand mixer, blend mixture just until smooth.
- Mix in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla and sour cream just until combined. Tap bowl forcefully against countertop, about 10 times, to release large air bubbles.
- Divide mixture evenly among cups over crust layer, adding about 1/3 cup to each and filling nearly full.
- Jiggle pan to level cheesecake filling then dollop about 5 small circle of raspberry sauce over each cupcake, about 3/4 tsp total over each one.
- Using a toothpick, swirl raspberry filling with cheesecake mixture to create a marbled design.
- Bake in preheated oven 22 – 25 minutes until cupcakes are puffed and nearly set (they might crack a little but they will deflate while cooling and you won’t even see it).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then chill in refrigerator 3 hours, until set.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.