These cupcakes simply scream summer! While the recipe from The Domestic Rebel calls for canned pineapple, I think fresh pineapple would be an awesome substitution. But then I just happen to prefer fresh fruit whenever possible. It’s even better that these are so very easy to make. No slaving away in a hot kitchen this summer to make a treat for yourself.
Pineapple Mojito Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 2 Crystal Light Mojito drink packets
- 2 tsp lime zest
- ½ (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tub Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting, thawed
- Mint leaves
- Crystal sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the cake batter according to package instructions. Stir in the two packets of mojito drink mix + the lime zest to combine.
- Bake the cupcakes for approx. 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Gently fold the crushed pineapple into the Cool Whip Frosting to combine. Add more or less to suit your taste; I found half a can was perfect. Just make sure it’s drained well so it won’t water down the fluffy whipped frosting.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Garnish with a mint leaf and crystal sugar, if you’d like. Serve immediately and store leftovers in fridge.