Mmmm….pineapple, lime and mint! These cupcakes from Kelly Stillwell taste just like a pineapple mojito without the alcohol. I suspect there is a way to sneak in some white rum or, ahem, other alcohol if you so prefer. Try it and let us know. Or maybe some coconut in the frosting? Ah, the possibilities! Now go whip up a batch and dream you are in the islands on vacation.
Pineapple Mojito Cupcakes
Makes about 12 cupcakes
3 Eggs (room temp)
1 tea vanilla
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 ½ tea Baking Powder
½ tea Salt
1/2 cup unsweetened Butter (Room Temp)
Buttercream Mojito Frosting:
1 C butter (room temp)
5 C powdered sugar
1/4 C. Lime juice fresh squeezed
1 Tbsp Mint extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Use another bowl whisk together the buttermilk, pineapple juice
- In a third bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl with the butter and beat until well incorporated add to the bowl with the buttermilk and mix until well incorporated
- Add half of buttermilk mix with 1/2 of the flour mix and beat until combined continue until well incorporated
- Place the batter in the cupcake liners filling 3/4 full
- Bake for about 18 minutes
- Let cupcakes cool to room temp then frost
Directions for Frosting
- Beat butter for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in powdered sugar until thick.
- Add ¼ Cup Lime juice and Mint extract and mix together
- Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes
- Add fresh mint leaf to garnish