I love Oreos, yes I do! And I also love peanut butter so, yes, these cupcakes from Inside Blu Crew Life are pretty perfect. What could be wrong about a peanut butter filled Oreo cookie on the bottom, topped with peanut butter flavored cupcakes and then chocolate frosting. Absolutely nothing!
Peanut Butter Oreo Cupcakes
Makes about 30 cupcakes
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again. Add the peanut butter and beat until creamy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Add alternately with the buttermilk until everything is combined. Beat the mixture for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Place one large cookie in the bottom of 24 cupcake liners. Spoon batter over the top of the cookie and fill the liners almost to the top. (You should have enough batter left for 5-6 plain cupcakes as well.) The cupcakes will not bake over, so make sure the liners are very full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let sit in the hot pan for 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack. Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the vanilla and salt. Stir together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and add alternately with the whipping cream until everything has been mixed in. Beat on high for a minute or two until the frosting thickens and becomes fluffy. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a small Oreo cookie. Store covered in a container on the counter for a few days. Makes 30 cupcakes total.
*Use peanut butter Oreo cookies if you cannot find the special Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreos.
**You can bake these without the cookies as well. Just make sure to fill the liners almost to the top before baking.