I’ll have to admit that these cupcakes from Wishes n Dishes may not be the prettiest or most elegant that I have come across but WOW! Cookie dough frosting (made with cream cheese!) with mini M&M’s and chocolate chips? Sign me up! Why do I think the frosting might be good enough to eat straight from the bowl. Not that any of us have ever done that, right?
Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (don’t use reduced fat or fat free!)
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. oats
- 3/4 bag plain mini M&Ms
- 3/4 cup mini or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to whisk together all of the cupcake ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Then, stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use a stand mixer dough paddle to beat together the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and oats.
- Mix in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time (1 and 1/2 cups worked out best for me).
- Finally add the M&Ms and Chocolate chips, mix well.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookie dough onto the completely cooled cupcakes.