Ok, so I’m sort of cheating to include these as cupcakes. Then again, if you bake something sweet in a muffin tin, doesn’t that automatically classify it as a cupcake?
When I was growing up, I never much cared for cheesecake. It always seemed so dry and boring. Then one day I tried the REAL kind of cheesecake – the kind from the Cheesecake Factory and I was hooked. Add some chocolate and peanut butter and I can’t put it down. Sort of like Nutella. And now we have Nutella Cheesecake from Bakers Royale. It’s a very beautiful thing. You’re welcome.
Mini Nutella Cheesecakes
- 20 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 13oz jar of Nutella, room temperature
Chocolate Pouring Sauce:
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 4-5 tablespoons water, warm
- Add cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and on medium speed cream until smooth. Add in eggs mix to combine. Add in heavy cream, vanilla and espresso mix to combine. Turn speed to low and add Nutella and mix to combine. Fill wells 3/4 of the way up with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Finished cheesecakes will have a slightly sunken center.
Chocolate Pouring Sauce:
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water. Let chocolate and cream sit for 2-3 minutes to melt without stirring. Then slowly stir mixture to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition until pouring consistency is reached. Set aside and let sauce cool to warm.
1. Pour chocolate on top of cheesecake. Finish to preference or drizzle caramel sauce and pipe chocolate ganache for decorative piped edging as in the picture
A few notes:
- To quickly soften cream cheese, spread block of cream cheese just slightly on a plate and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- I created a small waterbath by using a larger bake sheet to place the cupcake pan in while baking to the mini cheesecakes from cracking.
- The mini cheesecakes can be fully assembled the night before and kept tightly covered and refrigerated. Prior to serving, leave mini cheesecakes out at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Your palate your preference-finish the cheesecakes as you like. I did a chocolate pour with some caramel drizzle and ganache piping. For something less decadent finish with some whipped cream and chocolate shavings.