If you ever feel a little guilty about having champagne for breakfast, This Silly Girl’s Life has just the cupcake for you! The cake is infused with fresh orange juice and the buttercream frosting is made with champagne. All the yumminess of a mimosa without the guilt!
Mini Mimosa Cupcakes
Makes about 48 mini cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 Cup Halos mandarins juice, fresh squeezed (or orange juice works!)
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ Cup water
- ⅓ Cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 3¼ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using Halos, juice them first. You will need about 9 Halos for 1 Cup of juice. Mix juice with the rest of the ingredients with a hand mixer until combined. On medium speed, mix for another 2 minutes.
- Fill mini cupcake tins lined with wrappers ⅔ of the way full. Bake 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place on wired rack for 5 minutes, and then transfer cupcakes directly on to rack. Cool completely.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with hand mixer on medium speed. Add in the remaining ingredients and whip on high speed for two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Top cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles, if desired. Serve and enjoy!