Looking for something to beat the winter blahs? How about a luau! Ok, so not a real one unless you happen to be in Hawaii, but Created By Diane came up with a great way to get a Hawaiian feel from a cupcake. It’s an easy recipe so before you know it you will be dreaming of leis and secluded warm beaches. Trust me.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1 container whipped white frosting
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- maraschino cherries
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions, replacing the pineapple juice for the water called for in the recipe.
- Bake cupcakes according to package
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Toast coconut in a frying pan on medium-low heat until golden (be sure coconut is cool before adding it to the frosting or it will make the frosting melt.)
- Frost cupcakes with a spatula with white frosting
- Roll the edges of the cupcakes in the toasted coconut.
- Place a piece of pineapple on top along with a cherry.