I love lasagna as much as the next person but I have to admit that I hate making it. The noodles always seem to tear or break, it takes a long time to prep all the layers, and then the interminable wait for it to bake. I don’t have the patience for an all day cooking event. But these yummy cupcakes from Tablespoon bake in just 35 minutes because the traditional pasta noodles are replaced with wonton wrappers. Genius! Less mess, same good taste, and less time. A win-win-win!
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Muir Glen pasta sauce
- basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
- Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!
- Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce.
- Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
- Garnish with basil and serve.