Do you know anyone who loves lemon pudding? Well, then Homemade Interest has the perfect cupcake! The lemon pudding filling keeps these cupcakes moist and adds some zing to a basic box mix cake. The honey drizzled over the frosting adds just a bit of sweetness. The recipe is written using canned frosting but the end result would be the same (or better!) using your favorite vanilla buttercream frosting made from scratch. Fresh, light and lovely for summer!
Honey Lemon Cupcakes
Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 box White Cake Mix (and ingredients required)
- 1 can White Frosting
- 1 box Lemon Pudding (and ingredients required)
- Lemon Drops
- Make cupcakes according to package.
- Let cupcakes cool.
- Make lemon pudding.
- Once pudding is ready cut a small core out of each cupcake and fill it with pudding.
- Use the top of the cupcake core to cover the pudding and frost.
- Drizzle with honey and top with a lemon drop.