Festive Oreos + cake + a Whoopie Pie like filling = YUM! Family Food & Finds says the original recipe was found on the Oreo recipe website but I wasn’t able to find it when I looked. Even if the red holiday Oreos are not available this season, I think green or white ones would also work. It’s the red velvet cake that really makes these perfect for Christmas.
Holiday Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes
- 24 Holiday OREO cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line two cupcake baking pans with liners and place one OREO with the design facing down into each liner.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of cake batter over each cookie.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Microwave marshmallow creme for 15 seconds and whisk with COOL WHIP.
- Remove the cupcakes from the liners and slice in half and put a dollop of the filling between the layers.