Joan over at JoCajic.com gives this incredible Gingerbread Cupcake recipe. For her full recipe instructions and photos, click here.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Line your cupcake trays or if you don’t have cupcake cases, make sure to grease the pan. Then,
- In a bowl, sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another bowl combine the egg, sugar, syrup, milk and butter and heat slightly, make sure not to cook it.
- After that, add in the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour them into the cupcake cases half way through don’t over fill them.
- Into the oven they go for 25 minutes, if you need to make sure they are done, prick one with a cocktail stick and once it comes out clear, they are done.
- Turn them out into a rack to let them cool slightly.
For the Cinnammon Buttercream icing:
- 150 gms softened butter
- 200 gms icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cream the butter then add the rest altogether and beat once again and put aside.
- Depending on how you want to decorate your cupcakes, you can go ahead and pipe the cupcakes with whatever design you want.
- If you want to be rustic, you can smear them with a butter knife or leave them plain. After all it’s your decision.
- Serve and enjoy.