A couple years ago, I went to San Francisco but somehow never made it to Ghirardelli. Can you believe it? I am a chocoholic and a die hard Ghirardelli fan so it should have been like the Mother Ship calling me home, but there were other plans. Guess that just gives me a really great reason to go back there. Oh, yes indeed.
But a distant second best thing is to bake and eat Ghirardelli chocolate right here at home and I’m thinking this frosting recipe from Beyond Frosting might just be the thing to give me a chocolate fix. If you need an awesome dark chocolate cupcake recipe, try the Chocolate Lovers Cupcakes. So much chocolate, so little time.
Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Milkshake Cupcakes
- Butter should be at room temperature or slightly firmer, not melted. Beat on medium speed until butter is light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and slowly add Ground Cocoa butter and malted milk powder and beat into butter. Beat until Ground Cocoa is incorporated into butter.
- Add powered sugar one cup at a time, beating on medium-low speed. The frosting will become quite thick.
- Add heavy whipped cream and increase speed to medium high. Beat at high speeds in 30-second increments until frosting becomes fluffy, maybe two minutes.
- Frost cupcakes once cooled.
- I used some hot fudge sauce to drizzle over the top of my cupcakes. I microwaved it slightly just until warm and runny but not overly hot.