That’s right – DOUBLE peppermint! Roxana’s Home Baking adds peppermint extract and peppermint coffee creamer to these moist and deliciously pepperminty cupcakes. And don’t forget the peppermint candy on top! Very festive for all your holiday gatherings!
Double Peppermint Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup International Delight peppermint coffee creamer
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract
- 2-4 tablespoons International Delight peppermint coffee creamer
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line 14-15 cupcake cups with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and granulated sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and the 2 eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately, stir in the flour and baking powder with the peppermint creamer. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting them.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, make the frosting.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy about 3-5minutes. Stir in few drops of peppermint extract and 2 tablespoons for peppermint creamer.
- Gently beat in the powder sugar, a little at a time.
- When all the sugar is added, increase the mixer’s speed to medium-high and beat for 2-3 more minutes.
- If you think your frosting is too thick, add a few more teaspoons of peppermint creamer until you reach desired consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a frosting tip (I used 1M) and frost the cooled cupcakes.