These decadent cupcakes are made with dark chocolate with a dash of Baileys in the molten center. There is no frosting on these cupcakes which makes them easy to transport (always a bright side, right?). Mindfully Frugal Mom certainly knows how to kick it up a notch. Use the darkest, high quality chocolate you can find (or the darkest you prefer) for the richest flavor.
Dark Chocolate Molten Cupcakes with Baileys
Makes 8 cupcakes
For the molten gooey center:
- 1/2 Dark Chocolate bar (about 2 oz or 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 2 oz Bailey’s liquor (or to taste )
For the cake:
- 3.5 oz (the size of one bar) dark chocolate
- 1 stick cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour (you could make this gluten free by using cashew flour)
1. In a small saucepan, heat the ingredients for the molten center on medium, stirring constantly. Add the Bailey’s LAST. When the mixture is completely combined, pour it into a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
2. In a stand mixer, whip the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar on medium for 3-5 minutes.
3. While the mixer is going, melt the dark chocolate bar and stick of butter for the cake batter. Like I said, I just used the same pan as before.
4. When the chocolate/butter mixture is melted, mix it gently into the egg mixture. Fold in the flour.
5. In a greased muffin tin, fill 8 cups about a quarter of the way full.
6. Take the Chocolate/Bailey’s Mixture from the freezer. With a cookie scoop, place a scoop into each muffin cup.
7. Top off each muffin cup until it is three quarters full.
8. Bake in a 400° oven for 15 minutes.