Yes, that’s right, just a frosting recipe today but WOW! I am a Baker may have the perfect thing for those of us who love to eat chocolate chip cookie dough but don’t want to, you know, get sick from eating raw cookie dough. It’s even better for those of us, ahem, who like to sample….ok indulge in…frosting. So go ahead and bake yourself some cupcakes and then treat yourself to some cookie dough frosting. It’s a win-win!
Creamy Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
- Beat brown sugar and butter together in stand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in flour, vanilla extract, and salt into creamed butter until fully combined.
- With mixer on low speed, and in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in mini chocolate chips. Stir by hand until incorporated.