Yes indeed, a cupcake stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough, topped with a fluffy Nutella frosting and a chocolate chip cookie. Oh, almost forgot, there is more Nutella goodness in the drizzle. Nothing else needs to be said, these cupcakes from Getting My Just Desserts speak for themselves.
Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies:
(this will make the cookie dough and the cookies to top the cupcake)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the melted butter and both the sugars. Cream these together on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- In a glass or small bowl, crack your eggs and add the salt and vanilla. Doing this helps to make sure that no shells make it into your batter and it also helps dissolve the salt before adding it to your mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one to your butter and sugar mixture. TIP: Make sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each egg addition.
- I take a bit of a shortcut here and it works for me. Once the eggs are completely mixed in I add the flour and then the baking powder on top and give it a quick mix with my hand. I then turn on my mixer on the lowest speed and mix until the flour has been incorporated fully (and no longer).
- Add your chocolate chips and turn your mixer on low until the chips have been mixed in. Now you can dump this cookie dough into another bowl, or onto some wax paper, or even some plastic wrap.
Quick Yellow Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cream the butter and the sugar together in your stand mixer with your whisk attachment
- Crack your eggs into a side bowl or glass and add your salt and your vanilla. Add the eggs one by one to your butter/sugar mixture. Scrape the bowl down between each egg … and scrape it well.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and mix on medium speed until incorporated, it will be thick.
- Add the milk and the sour cream and mix on medium speed. Stop and scrape down the bowl well … very well. Mix again, then stop and scrape down the bowl.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup bitter sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Place softened butter in the bowl of your stand mixer and, using the whisk attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and beat on slow until incorporated and then turn up the speed to medium. Don’t forget to scrape down the bowl from time to time. Mix until light and fluffy
- Add the bitter sweet chocolate and mix until uniform in colour, then add the Nutella and mix again on medium
- Add the heavy cream one tablespoon at a time. Scrape down the bowl in between additions