Are you a fan of my friends Ben and Jerry? A lover of Chunky Monkey ice cream? Do you love ice cream but hate eating it during the winter when it is cold outside? Well, Living Better Together has the perfect solution – Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor inspired cupcakes! Chocolate cupcakes with walnuts topped with banana flavored frosting. Go ahead, eat one or two. No danger of brain freeze here!
Chunky Monkey Cupcakes
Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3.9 oz. Package Jell-O Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups of Freeze Dried Sliced Bananas
- 4-5 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
- 5-7 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line cupcake pan.
- Combine all ingredients (except walnuts) in a stand mixer and beat until combined.
- Fold walnuts in.
- Fill cupcake liners ½ – ⅔ full.
- Reduce heat to 375 F.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer cupcakes to cooling racks to finish cooling.
- Add freeze dried banana slices to a food processor and blend until you have a fine dust.
- Cream butter with mixer,
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add banana and confectioners’ sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add heavy cream a tbsp at a time if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Use a bag or decorator tool to pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with additional walnuts.