Ever have one of those days? Yeah, one of those. I had one today and I believe these chocolate peanut butter cups from Delicious Meets Healthy might be just what I need. I won’t even mention the “healthy” part because I just don’t want to know. As long as there is chocolate and peanut butter, life is good. But seriously, these are made with “healthier” ingredients (no refined sugars) so there is less guilt. That part I’ll tell myself.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp raw organic honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp raw organic honey
- pinch of salt
- Melt the coconut oil on medium heat and mix it with the cacao powder. Add the honey and vanilla extract and mix everything.
- Pour the silicone cups, only about ⅓ up the side.
- Place the silicone cups on a baking sheet or in muffin pan and freeze for about 15 minutes until they are firm.
- Mix peanut butter and honey and a pinch of salt if you are using raw unsalty peanut butter.
- Take the cups out of the freezer and pour about 1 Tbsp into the cups.
- Freeze again fo about 15 minutes until the peanut butter is firm.
- After that add the last layer of the chocolate on top of the peanut butter and freeze again for about 2 – 3 hours to set.
- If you want you can add crushed walnuts or pistachios on top.