I wonder if there is any limit to the number of different chocolate cupcake recipes that can be created? Roxana’s Home Baking topped these delightful cupcakes with a coffee flavored cream cheese frosting. By the way, if there’s coffee in the frosting, it is a secret rule that you can eat these for breakfast. Here at Cupcake Fanatic, we have all sorts of secret cupcake rules. Let us know if you want to hear more of them!
Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cup (210 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8 grams) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) cocoa powder (I used special dark)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) almond oil
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (42 grams) soft butter
- 6 tbsp (168 grams) soft cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder/granules
- 3 cups (360 grams) powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12 cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add the sugar also.
- Make a well in the middle and stir in the eggs, corn syrup, milk and oil.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting them.
- In a small bowl mix the vanilla extract with the coffee powder.
- Add it to a mixing bowl with the butter and the cream cheese. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl and slowly add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.