It’s been awhile since we added a non dessert cupcake kind of recipe. It will soon be fall for most folks and that means we will soon be eating more soup and hot foods. How about an easy chicken pot pie recipe without having to make a pie crust? I do have to add a small disclaimer, though. Where I grew up, “pot pie” was more like a soup or stew with thick pasta noodles and not like a pie at all. Either way, these individual pies from Sunny Side Up are yummy and a snap to make.
Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breasts diced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (10 oz) cans Pillsbury biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check at the 12 minute mark.
- Let rest for about 3 minutes and dig in!