Not a fan of pie but still love cherry cobbler? Then how about these very easy cupcakes from Tablespoon? Even though the recipe calls for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffin Mix, I am betting you could substitute a different flavor to suit your taste…as long as it comes with a crumb topping and streusel. Easy and delicious = perfect!
Cherry Cobbler Cupcakes
- 1 box (12.75 ounce) Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the muffin mix (setting the streusel packet aside for later), milk, melted coconut oil or butter, and eggs until smooth.
- Spray the top of a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Then, spoon batter into 12 muffin tins lined with cupcake wrappers.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling on top of the batter in each cupcake wrapper. For best results, use more cherries and less of the sauce.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over each cupcake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or just until the edges of the cupcakes are golden brown and the centers are set. Cool before removing from muffin tins and serving.