These cupcakes from Cupcake Project sound almost healthy with fresh blueberries and granola as ingredients. Or like trail mix cupcakes for those of us who won’t be hiking any time soon. Or for those of us who like the taste of trail mix but prefer it in cupcake form.
Blueberry Granola Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup apple butter
- ½ cup milk
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1 cup granola (any variety)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Whipped Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix in the maple syrup, butter, and apple butter.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just integrated.
- Mix in the milk until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries, granola, and chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter evenly between twelve cupcake liners.
- Bake for twenty-five minutes or until the tops bounce back when lightly touched.
- Whip heavy whipping cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Optionally decorate with a fresh blueberry.