Ok, I think we should think ahead to summer to shake off the winter blues. Close your eyes and think about blueberries. Now how about a blueberry cupcake? Lucky for us, The Baking Robot has just the recipe!
Blueberry Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. In a saucepan over medium-heat, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook until mixture thickens considerably and blueberries burst. Let cool completely.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add half of the flour mixture to the batter. Pour in milk, and then stir in the remaining flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in blueberry reduction and whole blueberries.
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Brown Sugar Buttercream
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla extract. Gradually add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. You might need to add up to 1 tablespoon of milk to reach the desired consistency.