Or maybe we should call these Death by Chocolate…or Chocolate Overload. If you aren’t a fan of chocolate then don’t even bother scrolling down for the recipe. Cookies and Cups came up with this divine inspiration for chocoholics everywhere. Go ahead. Give in and make a batch. You know you want to.
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate, either chips or finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dry brownie mix
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Brownie pieces
- chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate, melted
- Pour chocolate into a heat-safe bowl.
- In small saucepan heat the cream until it almost boils, but not quite. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted with the cream.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight. It will become a solid.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Put all ingredients into stand mixer and beat for 3 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 way full and bake for 20 minutes until the centers spring back.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and brownie mix together until combined and smooth.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Finally beat in cream until incorporated.
Hollow out the cupcakes using a paring knife and fill them with the brownie batter filling. I used a ziplock bag with the tip cut off for easy filling.
Place chilled chocolate ganache into bowl of stand mixer and beat until fluffy and smooth. Fill piping bag with chocolate ganache and pipe onto cupcakes. Or you can easily spread it on with a knife instead of piping.
Garnish cupcakes with brownie pieces, chocolate chips and drizzle with melted chocolate.