Yes, BACON! These are not your mother’s cupcakes, no sir. Beer, cheddar cheese and bacon…what’s not to love? These are for all the men who think cupcakes are all about sugar and frilly toppings.
What a perfect addition to your Super Bowl party!
This recipe is courtesy of Cupcake Project
Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cupcake Recipe
Yield: About 18 cupcakes
- 1 cup beer (I used Bud Select. I’m not usually a Bud gal, but they do sponsor the Super Bowl, so I had to go there.)
- 1 stick, plus 1 tb, unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar (I’d go for the good stuff here. Get something nice and sharp, not the cheap stuff that comes shredded in a bag.)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tb vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Heat beer and butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted.
- Add cheddar.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the sour cream mixture into the beer mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Fold flour mixture into the batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 fill.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup bacon bits (I made my own by cooking some bacon in a glass pan in the microwave for 3 minutes between paper towels and food processing it.)
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add grated cheddar.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Stir in bacon bits.