Sometimes we all need something quick and easy to make for a snack or for a light meal. These chili cupcakes from Sandra’s Easy Cooking can be put together in a snap and taste delicious straight from the oven. While they are baking, mix up a salad for a quick meal. Ground chicken or turkey can be substituted for ground beef to lower the fat content. The cupcake size is perfect for kids!
Beef Chili Cupcakes
Makes about 6-8 cups
- 2 Large Eggs,mixed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cubed
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Cup canned Beans, drained (I used Pinto)
- 1 Cup Yellow Corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 1/4 (1ml) tsp. Sugar
- 1/3 Lb. Ground Beef, lean + drop of Oil
- 1/2 Onion, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red Hot Chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Cheddar Cheese
- Butter for greasing the pan
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven on 375F
- In the frying pan put oil, onions, and garlic. Let it saute for minute or two then add ground beef, and pinch of salt. Stir fry on medium high until the meat is completely done. Transfer it on the kitchen paper towel so you can get rid of unnecessary fat; set aside.
- In the deep bowl mix eggs, then add everything in the ingredients except for cheddar cheese and butter. Mix well to combine the mixture.
- Grease the baking muffin pan/s and divide the mixture between each muffin well–fill to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is not wet anymore.
- Take the pan out and sprinkle the cheese on top, return back in the oven to bake until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve Hot with sour cream and bit of scallion for garnish.
- You can also bake this in a regular baking pan just by spreading the mixture evenly, bake it and then tossing the cheese on top. Same taste…made it for my family and everybody loved it!
- You can use powdered Onion and Garlic if you wish not to use real thing. I changed that part from the original recipe, I actually really liked putting real onion and garlic as well as everything else as fresh as possible because it does add so much flavor.