Everything is better with bacon, right? RIGHT? And I mean the real bacon – the smoky and greasy kind – not the turkey kind that looks and tastes nothing like bacon. These breakfast treats from Tablespoon will take a little longer because the hash browns are baked first but it is worth the wait. It might be possible to pre-bake the hash browns the night before which would reduce the morning preparation time considerably.
Bacon Breakfast Cupcakes
- 1 bag (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Sriracha sauce
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place foil liner in each of 12 regular size muffin cups. Generously spray with cooking spray.
- 2. In large bowl, mix potatoes, oil, salt and pepper. Divide evenly among cups and press lightly.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
4. In medium bowl beat eggs and milk. Stir in bacon and cheese. Firmly press potatoes in muffin cups with bottom of 1/4 cup dry measuring cup.
5. Top will slightly less than 1/4 of egg mixture.
6. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until knife inserted in center of egg comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with sauce.