Apples and spice and everything nice goes into these cupcakes from Lady Behind the Curtain. Not only are they moist and delicious, they are easy to make, too! Just perfect for fall!
Apple Cider Maple Spice Cupcakes
Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups apple cider
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake tin with 24 cupcake wrappers.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, eggs and apple cider.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake wells two-thirds full and bake 19 to 24 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the syrup, extract, pumpkin spice and sugar.
- Mix on low for a minute and then on high until creamy.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.
- NOTE: If your frosting is too thick you may add water but only a teaspoon at a time.
- DOUBLE FROSTING: THIS FROSTING RECIPE IS ONLY FOR 12 CUPCAKES.