Can you believe it is almost Valentine’s Day? Sort of. You still have almost a month to plan something, like a cupcake. These adorable cupcakes from Buttercream Blondie are fun and cute, perfect for adults or kids. In fact, I bet the kids would LOVE to help decorate! This is a decoration only post, feel free to use your favorite cupcake and frosting recipe and then decorate away!
Love Monster Cupcakes
What you will need:
- Pink and red food coloring
- Pastry bag
- Tip #133
- Fondant for eyes
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Assorted candy such as candy corn, heart shaped sprinkles, conversation hearts, & eye candy
- Red & silver disco dust
- Bake cupcakes & make buttercream
- Color buttercream red & pink.
- Pipe buttercream on completely cooled cupcakes using tip #133.
- Make mouths out of assorted candy.
- Roll out white & red fondant, and cut out different shaped hearts to make eyes. When fondant is dry brush with a small amount of water, then disco dust if you want the sparkly effect. Once fondant is dry insert toothpicks and stick in cupcakes. Eyes can also be made using heart shaped lollipops.