There are people who say white chocolate is not really chocolate at all. Then what is it? I still believe it is just a sweeter, creamier kind of chocolate. A Pumpkin and A Princess light and buttery tasting cupcake infused with white chocolate topped with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Totally delicious when you are looking for something not quite chocolate but not quite vanilla.
White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extracts
3/4 cup whole milk
4 oz white chocolate baking bar
White Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
4 oz white chocolate bar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan.
- Over a double boiler melt white chocolate bar and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Add milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
White chocolate frosting:
- Melt white chocolate bar over a double boiler, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add melted white chocolate and vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Pipe cupcakes with frosting and sprinkle edible star glitter on top.
- Optional: add a white chocolate square.