So we have Something Swanky to thank – and you will! – for these easy and oh so very chocolatey cupcakes. The ganache recipe is used to fill AND frost the cupcakes (after whipping). No more five bowls of different ingredients to make the cake, the filling and the frosting. Nope. One bowl for the cake and one bowl for the rest. Love this!
Whipped Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
3 batches of my Chocolate Ganache, cooled to room temperature (recipe below)
1 recipe My Favorite Chocolate Cake, baked as cupcakes and cooled (recipe below)
- Use a melon baller to scoop out a small hole in the top of each cupcake. I scrapped these, but feel free to “smush” them back on top after you’ve filled them.
- Spoon ganache into each hole in the cupcake.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the remaining ganache until it is fluffy and frosting-like (it should be lighter in color as well). Spread the whipped ganache on each cupcake.
- Unless serving immediately, keep cupcakes chilled until serving. Let “thaw” for about 20 minutes before serving so the ganache in the center can soften up.
- 2 cups chocolate (chocolate melts or chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Mix cream and chocolate in a bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk (the good kind. You can use regular milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients until a smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with spatula.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes (for cupcakes), 35-40 minutes for 2 – 8″ rounds, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.