No, watermelon is not an ingredient and these cupcakes from Frugal Coupon Living don’t taste like watermelon. But, they do LOOK like watermelon! What a fun addition to your summer picnic table! Now you can PRETEND to eat watermelon while really enjoying a cupcake. Nothing wrong with that!
- 1 box White Cake Mix + box ingredients
- ¾ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Red and Yellow Food Coloring
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Add just a touch of yellow color and enough red to achieve watermelon pinkish color.
- Fold in chocolate chips until distributed.
- Fill liners ⅔ full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip butter and vanilla for until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag with round tip and frost each cupcake.