I have been a chocolate lover all my life, but only recently became a fan of dark chocolate. Maybe you have to be an adult before you can appreciate the less sweet flavor of Special Dark chocolate bars. Chocolate Chocolate and More incorporates the dark chocolate flavor in these cupcakes by using Special Dark cocoa powder. Moist, delicious, and oh so chocolatey. Top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
Special Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar together just until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined. Add in vanilla and beat again.
- Combine, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Alternating, add flour and milk, starting and ending with flour, beating just until combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake tins lined with paper liners or lightly greased, to 2/3 full. I use a Large Cookie Scoop. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 16-18 minutes, until done. Use a toothpick to test for doneness, inserting in center, if it come out clean with no batter or crumbs, the cupcakes are ready.
- Let cupcakes rest in pan for 20 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Once cool, frost as desired.