Not only are these cupcakes from Inside Bru Crew Life pretty to look at, they are also easy to make. The cake is a box cake mix which is dressed up by the cream cheese filling and the cream cheese filling is made with Cool Whip and cream cheese flavored instant pudding. Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove. Your secret is safe with me.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake at 350* for 18 minutes or until top springs back.
- Let cool completely.In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream on low until creamy. Add the milk and pudding mix and beat until mixed. Fold in the Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and shortening. Add the smashed raspberries and salt and beat again. Slowly add the powdered sugar until all is incorporated. Beat the frosting until fluffy.
- Using a melon scoop or cupcake corer, cut the center out of the cupcakes. Fill with cheesecake filling and top with the raspberry butter cream.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Spoon into a plastic baggie with one tip cut off. Drizzle over the tops of the cupcakes. Keep refrigerated. Top with raspberry M&M’s right before serving. Makes 24 cupcakes.