Have some extra pumpkin but tired of pumpkin pie? Do you like pumpkin but want to make something a little “different”? Then try these cupcakes from My Kitchen Magazine! These gems are made with a pound cake base, cream cheese, and pumpkin with chocolate chips for the polka dot effect. The best part? No frosting required! Quick and easy to make an even easier to transport. Delicious AND easy…doesn’t get much better than that!
Polka Dot Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) pound cake mix
- 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Grease or paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- BEAT cream cheese, egg and granulated sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Stir in morsels. Set aside.
- COMBINE cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda in large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Spoon about 1 tablespoon topping over batter in each cup.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.