These cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake just might be better than pineapple upside down cake. Maybe. These have cream cheese frosting while the others have brown sugar goodness. It might just be a toss up.
Pineapple Cream Cupcakes
1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 C. melted butter, cooled
1 1/4 C. crushed pineapple with juice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 C. butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
Maraschino Cherries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine butter, eggs, pineapple and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minute or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add milk or cream.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a cherry and sprinkles to dress them up.