I seem to be on a peanut butter kick lately, not exactly sure why. When I saw this recipe from Plating Pixels I might have started to drool a bit. Rich and creamy peanut butter cheesecake on top of an Oreo cookie crust topped with chocolate ganache. All of my favorite things in one small package. Yes, these make me happy.
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes about 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (I used Oreo’s with filling removed)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped (about 12 mini)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In medium bowl, mix chocolate cookie crumbs, melted butter and cocoa powder until combined (to create crumbs pulse cookies in food processor or pound in sealed bag with heavy object).
- Place 12 cupcake liners in cupcake pan and lightly spray with cooking oil. Fill each with roughly 1 tablespoon crust mixture and firmly press into bottom to form crust. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- In large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add brown sugar and blend till combined. Blend in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and heavy cream until just combined. Scrape sides with spatula and mix completely.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling to the very top. Bake 12-15 minutes at 350º until cheesecakes are set and no longer jiggle in center. Take out and cool to room temperature. Then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons heavy cream in double boiler or microwave safe bowl. Stir and heat until melted (If microwaving, heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between). Add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar to melted chocolate and combine.
- Spoon desired amount over each cooled cheesecake. Then top with chopped Reese’s Cups for garnish.