These bite size gems from Delightful E Made are really brownies made in a mini cupcake tin topped with coconut pecan German chocolate cake-like frosting. So if you love German chocolate cake but don’t want to fuss with, you know, baking a cake here is your answer!
German Chocolate Brownie Bites
Makes about 24 mini cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 oz.) Supreme Brownie Mix
- ¼ c. water
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- ⅔ c. half and half
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ¼ c. butter
- 1⅓ c. sweetened flake coconut
- ⅔ c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips (optional)
- For frosting: In a medium saucepan, beat egg, and add half and half, sugar and butter. Whisk all ingredients together. Over medium-low heat, continually whisk as the butter begins to melt. Cook for 10-12 minutes, whisking continually until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the coconut and pecans. Stir to incorporate. Set frosting aside to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the brownie mix (including syrup packet if included), water, egg and oil. Stir just until all ingredients are incorporated. Using teaspoons, fill mini muffin tin with the batter. Will fill each cup approximately ¾ full. Bake for 19-21 minutes. Remove from oven and let brownie bites cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Top each brownie with a spoonful of cooled frosting, and top with mini chocolate chips if preferred. Enjoy right away, and store any leftovers in an airtight container.