Or muffins if you skip the frosting. I know! Who would want to skip frosting? Little House Living also notes these can be made with gluten free flour if you are someone you know is eating a gluten free diet. This would also be a great recipe to use up any frozen zucchini you might still have from last summer before the next batch is ready this summer.
Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Makes 20 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Flour (you can use All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups shredded Zucchini
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, mix the butter (softened), oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Cream together.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and stir.
- Mix in the zucchini and chocolate chips until blended into the mix.
- Drop with a muffin scoop into a greased or lined muffin sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Bake the gluten free version slightly longer)
- Enjoy these muffins warm or cold, if you have extras you can easily freeze them for later.
- 6 T. butter
- 6 T. milk
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix in saucepan and boil for exactly 1 minute. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir every few minutes until at desired thickness. Pour on top of cupcakes after they are cooled.